If you receive an automated call from someone telling you that your credit card’s interest rate has been lowered, beware!
In a recent warning issued by the Better Business Bureau, citizens are warned of phone calls from anyone promising you a lower interest rate on your credit card, if and only if you provide the caller the credit card number and expiration date.
One of the bests ways to avoid becoming the victim of identity theft and not get scammed (and really, this is a scam) is to hang up the phone.
When credit card companies lower your interest rate they will generally send you a letter in the mail. Most credit card issuers will only lower your interest rate if you write or call them, asking for a lower interest rate.
- suntrust lowering interest rate on credit card
- lindquist tax and accounting
- lower interest rate scam calls
- credit card calls scam
- credit card fake calls
- calls to lower credit card interest rate scams
- credit card interest reduction scam
- phone call asking for credit card details india
- phone call from company offering lower interest rates on my credit card