It’s frustrating to have errors on your credit report. But mistakes in your credit files happen all too often.
In fact, consumer groups say that 70% of all U.S. credit reports contain mistakes. But you don’t have to live with these inaccuracies in your credit files.
They key to getting rid of them is knowing how to deal with the Big 3 credit bureaus – Equifax, Experian and TransUnion – as well as the creditors who reported erroneous information about you.
Even if you have accurate, negative information that is marring your credit reports, there are ways to clean up your credit and get your credit reports into tip-top shape.
Here is a selection of recommend articles to help you better understand your credit reports, fix mistakes on your credit reports, and deal with various problems that might be damaging your credit rating.
- How to Compare Your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion Credit Reports
- What’s The Fastest Way to Get the Credit Bureaus to Fix Mistakes In My Credit Reports?
- Which Credit Report is More Important: Equifax, Experian or TransUnion
- How to Get a Tax Lien Removed from Your Credit Report
- Can I get a medical collection removed from my credit report?
This Article Answered The Following Money Questions:
- credit report definition