The average size mortgage in the U.S. is about $200,000 – and this number is smaller than it was due to the housing crisis.
The typical U.S. family carrying a balance on their credit cards owes about $10,000 on those cards. The average college graduate leaves school owing more than $20,000 in student loans. And the average car loan now exceeds $27,000.
Is it any wonder that, according to the Federal Reserve Bank, Americans collectively owe $2.5 trillion in consumer debt – excluding their mortgages? Throw in another $14 trillion in home loans, and it’s clear we have a major issue with debt that won’t go away any time soon.
This Article Answered The Following Money Questions:
- how much credit card debt do americans have
- how much debt does the average american have
- how much debt do americans have
- the total consumer debt in america equals
- how much debt do most americans have
- how much do Americans owe?