Zero Debt for College Grads:
From Student Loans to Financial Freedom
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Kaplan Publishing
List Price: $14.95
Student Loan Debt – The Other Big Debt Crisis in America
We all know that widespread credit card debt has millions of people living paycheck to paycheck. But another form of debt is taking a huge toll on individuals and families: student loans.
As the cost of a college education continues to escalate dramatically, more and more college students – and their parents – are taking out loans to cover tuition, fees, and other expenses. The average undergraduate leaves school with roughly $20,000 in student loan debt, and graduate students end up with an additional $32,000 in debt.
Upon graduation, we often buy new wardrobes to look the part at work. We take on the responsibilities of rent, utilities, or even a mortgage. Sometimes we relocate to another city. Once we add student loans and credit card debt to the list of bills to pay, financial security often seems unattainable. Unfortunately, the parents of many students aren’t doing much, having often mortgaged their homes and depleted their savings to help pay college expenses for their children.
In Zero Debt for College Grads, noted personal finance expert Lynnette Khalfani provides a reassuring roadmap for stress-free living that will allow you to pay down your debts and save for your future, while cutting your costs and fattening your bank account.
Zero Debt for College Grads will help you:
- Discover 5 critical money-management lessons you didn’t learn in school
- Pay off your student loans as quickly as possible based on your personal situation
- Determine whether you qualify for debt forgiveness, reduction or deferral
- Find out little-known ways to drastically reduce or eliminate college debt (through special federal programs and other national and state initiatives)
- Avoid the most common mistakes parents, students and recent grads make regarding planning and paying for college, and handling student loans
- Learn to negotiate with a lender for better terms on a loan—or even an employer, to get your job to repay your loan
- Decide what to do if you can’t pay on your loans now
- Clean up defaulted loans and establish great credit
Organized to help you manage today’s bills wisely, pay off student loans, and build great credit, Zero Debt for College Grads is the only guide you’ll ever need to achieve your financial goals while starting life on your own.
Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, “The Money Coach,” is a personal finance expert, television personality and the author of The Money Coach’s Guide to Your First Million, and the New York Times bestseller Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom. A former Wall Street Journal reporter for CNBC, Lynnette personally paid off more than $100,000 in credit card bills and nearly $40,000 in student loans. She has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, Redbook, and Essence, and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dr. Phil, The Tyra Banks Show, The Rachael Ray Show, and Tavis Smiley.