In the market for a new prom dress? While many prom dresses can be bought successfully online, buyer beware, you might not get what you paid for.
What is the scam?
Teens nationwide are falling victim to counterfeit dressmakers and phony online stores. After purchasing what they thought were designer prom dresses online, the teens received poorly made knockoffs or never received the dresses at all.
According to an alert from the BBB many of the fake prom dress stores are based overseas with many located in China.
Tips to avoid the scam:
• Shop for prom dresses at a retail store whenever possible.
• If shopping online, buy from reputable online stores that you already know.
• Use a credit card to make an online purchase and never send cash or a check.
• Always read the fine print before making a purchase, even from reputable companies.
- tz dresses scam
- tz dress website fraud
- TZ Dress Fraud
- beware of internet wedding gown scam
- tz dresses fraud