What To Do If Someone Filed A Tax Return In Your Name And Stole Your Credit Identity

If the person that is your spouse, you need to file a request for what the IRS calls “innocent spouse relief”. Get IRS form 8857 to do this. If not, you should still notify the IRS and Federal authorities that you have been the victim of fraud and identity theft. Lock down your credit reports by getting a credit freeze and putting a fraud alert on your credit files with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.

Scroll to Top

Stay Informed with Our Exclusive Newsletter!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on the latest updates, exclusive offers, and insightful articles.

We respect your privacy!